Nicole P. Novak, Esquire
Nicole P. Novak graduated magna cum laude from Cleveland State University College of Law in 2006. She is licensed to practice law in Maryland (2018) and Ohio (2006). Before law school, Nicole worked her way through college as a foreclosure paralegal, graduating cum laude with a degree in Urban Affairs Management.
Nicole’s practice focuses on consumer bankruptcy law with an emphasis on Chapter 13. She has worked for trustees, creditors, and debtors. With this diverse legal experience, Nicole has a unique understanding of bankruptcy and its ability to benefit consumers. She passionately uses her skills to help others improve their finances and their lives.
Nicole serves as the contributor to the Maryland section of the nationally published Bankruptcy Exemption Manual. She is a frequent author and speaker on bankruptcy law. She is a current member of the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees, the NACTT Academy, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the Maryland State Bar Association and Consumer Bankruptcy Section, and the Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association.
Since 2000, Nicole has visited Maryland several times a year to spend time with her family. She finally made the move to Maryland in 2017. Nicole is an animal lover who has never met a dog, cat, or bird that she hasn’t liked. She enjoys travel, trips to zoos and aquariums, trying new restaurants, and going out with family and friends.
- State of Ohio 2006
- State of Maryland 2018
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Ohio 2007
- Federal Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio 2007
- Federal District Court for Maryland 2019
- Federal Bankruptcy Court for Maryland 2019
- Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association and Consumer Bankruptcy Section
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees (NACTT)
- The NACTT Academy
- The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)